Planet IRM (Infrastructure Relationship Management) is a visual, consolidated database repository of an organization’s IT/Telecom infrastructure, its inter-connectivity and associated dependencies. The centralization of this typically disparate data allows businesses to Visualize, Analyze, Manage, and Maintain their entire IT and telecom infrastructure from anywhere within their network.
Key Features of the Planet IRM Suite:
- Scalable to support Global Enterprises (a Site can be as small as a telecom room or as large as the world) with drill-down capabilities linking site inter-connectivity
- Ease of data import via spreadsheets, Visio and CAD drawings, etc, with ability to retain layer detail for various CAD and spatial file formats (DXF, DWG, DGN, SHP, etc)
- Move, Add and Change Functionality with a full audit trail to ensure data accuracy
- Ability to assign geo-referenced coordinates to locations and objects
- Integration with help desk and network management tools for comprehensive infrastructure control
- Instantly locate devices or trace physical paths to expedite troubleshooting and disaster recovery
- Create and Maintain component relationships, with the ability to quickly replace obsolete items and retain connectivity
- Powerful Reporting and Analysis capabilities via lists, charts, and visualizations
- Visual “Drag & Drop” Interface to simplify use and reduce errors
Planet IRM Modules:
- Planet Inside Plant maintains all telecommunications infrastructure, cabling, equipment and connectivity information. It is an open system with powerful REST APIs and SQL access support.
- Planet Outside Plant provides the ability to manage outside plant infrastructure for campus environments and features Visual Pathway and Location Management.
- Planet WAN allows users to maintain a full inventory of WAN circuits, channels, users, cost centers, and service providers.
- Planet Data Center provides a single, centralized software application to manage data centers, including cable connectivity, power, heat, and space requirements.
- Planet MAC (Moves, Adds, Changes), included with every module, allows users to provision changes, generate work orders, and maintain a full audit trail.
- iiPDF file formats provide web access to multi-layered, up-to-date critical infrastructure data in a unique and simplified intelligent PDF format for widespread distribution.
Planet IRM’s Built in CAD includes file conversion
Converter, the file conversion tool which provides conversion capabilities between Planet IRM and most of the popular computer-aided design (CAD) formats, now has the ability to convert ESRI SHP and GeoTIFF files as well. Converter can be used for creating Planet IRM sites from existing DXF, DWG, DGN, SHP, and GeoTIFF files, thus maximizing reuse of current existing infrastructure data content and greatly minimizing the time necessary for the initial population of data into the Planet IRM system. After Planet IRM is launched and in operation, a user can preview, customize and export drawings in DXF, DWG or DGN format for use with other software packages. Converter imports and exports layer information and provides layer management functionality to retain maximum data flexibility after conversion, allowing specific layers within a drawing file to be inserted into various CAD formats.